Baileys Funeral Home - Taking advantage of a greiving person

My experience is that Mr.Wiilie Benton, of Bailey Funeral Home, is a terrible business man.

He stoled my money for my father's birth certificate and refused to send me the death certificate or my refund. The funeral took place on March 29, 2013. I have phone records of OVER 20 CALLS documenting my attempts to retrieve a "paid for" death certificate and also my refund. In one conversation with a male assistant, I asked to put a rush on the death certificate and the person responded that it will be $100.

What kind of SCAM is this?? After my continued persistence, Mr. Benton sent me an UNSIGNED CHECK on April 25th, so that I can't cash it. What kind of person does this to someone who is greiving???????????

How insensitive!!

Please see UNSIGNED CHECK attached and please notice that it has ANOTHER BUSINESS NAME on it.The check is #1018, which is close to a starter's check, so who knows if this is a real account.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 2 Yes 2 3 No 3
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 17, 2014 #871707

you could just recreate a fake name and go on a spending spree with his account number lol

0 0 Reply

May 21, 2013 #654528 New York City, New York

After reporting this incident to the proper authorities, this matter has been resolved. I received a letter of apology from Mr. Benton, my money back and my father's death certificate. :zzz

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Baileys Funeral Home. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Baileys Funeral Home.
Filing a new complaint about